Monday, August 29, 2011

Monkey Island

Last weekend I went on a bus journey with Bryn and some of our friends from the Filipino community to visit Sarushima "Monkey" Island, the only natural island remaining in Tokyo Bay. It was a very overcast day, but I went swimming anyway, and the water was very warm.  The island, which is just off the coast at Yokusuka (home of the US 7th Fleet), is very interesting because it was once a fortress and contains old walls and cannons and things like that.  Unfortunately, I didn't see any monkeys there.

Here are the other three "Kokusai Senshusei" - Aikimoto san, Bryn, and Masa.  We are the only non-police Senshusei this year. 

Actually, we've also been joined by Kudo san, (the guy I'm pretending to strangle in the end of the last blog entry) so he's the 5th Kokusai Senshusei, although I don't know if he's going to be around for the whole program.  He is extremely good at Karate and is VERY fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment